GranTierra Energy Inc. is an international oil and gas exploration and production company headquartered in Calgary, Canada, incorporated and traded in the United States, and operating in South America. The Company currently holds interests in producing and prospective properties in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Peru. The Company strategy is focused on establishing a portfolio of drilling opportunities to exploit undeveloped reserves to grow production, as well as undertaking exploration drilling to grow future reserves.
Why work for GranTierra Energy Inc?
As a result of internal growth, excellent career opportunities exist for qualified individuals who want to join a successful, growing international company. Gran Tierra Energy has an established track record, is lean and focused, and provides an entrepreneurial work environment. The technical challenges, coupled with a business aptitude provide a solid career opportunity. International travel is required, and knowledge of Spanish is a definite asset.
GranTierra Energy Inc. is currently looking to fill the following vacancies based in Calgary:
Senior Geologist – Position Number 010
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Geology, with APEGGA membership
- 10+ years of international experience preferably in South America
Summary of Duties:
- Working with the international business units, plan and execute work programs which could include regional evaluations, prospect evaluation, well location selection, well planning, well analysis, budgeting, and project management.
- Provide structural input/evaluations to foothills or other structurally complex plays.
- Evaluate New Venture opportunities.
Manager, Internal Audit Services – Position Number 012
- Professional designation required.
- 15+ years of public company experience, preferably in oil and gas.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Rules & Regulations and IFRS
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
Summary of Duties:
- Manage the Company’s Internal Audit Program and SOX Compliance Program.
- Design and execute annual Internal Audit plans based on the Company’s business risks.
- Ensure the Audit function is running effectively and efficiently.
- Evaluate the organization’s system of internal controls to ensure they are functioning as planned and update as necessary to meet changes in operating conditions.
- Meet and review plans with the Audit Committee of the Board as required.
- Promote the Company’s high ethical standards.